I love making these at Christmas time as gifts for friends. For an extra decadent touch, you could dip these into some melted chocolate. Makes about 20 small balls.
Cranberry coconut energy balls
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts,
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ½ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Remove the stones from the medjool dates.
- Place all the ingredients, except the chopped cranberries, into a food processor and pulse until you get a sticky mixture.
- Tip the mixture into a large bowl and mix the chopped cranberries in.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into small balls.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours to set. These will keep in the fridge for up to a week or you can freeze them - just defrost for an hour or so before eating
© Copyright Emily Turnbull at energisewithemily.com